expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2011-12 Picks - NFL - Week 1



It's the eve of the NFL season and I don't know about you but I'm ready for some football. Fresh off a season picking 60% winners, I'm hoping to improve on last years picks Two for the Money style.

Without further ado...




Game of the Week - Thursday, September 8

**NO @ GB | Green Bay - The other night, I re-watched Superbowl XLV and Aaron Rodgers didn't look human. I've always been a fan of Brees and the boys but the Rodgers looked like Brees in '09 after having taken that little clear pill from Limitless. Should be a great way to kick off the NFL Season.

Thanks to everyone who voted for the Game of the Week.

Sun, Sep 11
ATL @ CHI | Chicago - Cutler. is. the. man. Chicago in a close one.
IND @ HOU | Houston - There's a reason I hold my picks until the day before the 1st game. No Peyton. No "W". Not sold on Kerry Collins.
BUF @ KC  | Buffalo - Last time I saw Ryan Fitzpatrick play, I thought Harvard was known for star athletes.
TEN @ JAC | Tennessee - Not sure dropping Garrard before the season opener was the best move.
CIN @ CLE | Cleveland - I've always been a believer in Colt McCoy. The Madden cover boy isn't too shabby either.
PHI @ STL | Philly - I'm not buying the Superbowl hype for Philly (even though I should considering I put money down on 'em), but I think they can win an opener versus the Rams.
PIT @ BAL | Baltimore - I'm expecting a big year from Flacco--I think he'll show up Roethlisberger.
DET @ TB  | Detroit - Detroit scared me a little bit last year--dirty player or not, Suh has changed the culture for the better.
MIN @ SD  | San Diego - The Vikings should be better this year with McNabb at the helm, but not better than SD in Week 1.
NYG @ WAS | New York - Now if Rex Grossman were slated to get the start, I'd be more inclined to pick Washington. =P
CAR @ ARI | Arizona - I'll be watching cam Newton closely just for the fun of it, but I'll be watching Kevin Kolb and Larry Fitzgerald hook up on Sunday.
SEA @ SF  | San Francisco - The Seahawks surprised New Orleans in the playoffs last year, but they won't be sneaking up on anyone this year.
DAL @ NYJ | NYJ - Rex Ryan had his foot rub and his afternoon snack. Mark Sanchez is posing for GQ. Plaxico has been through the metal detectors.

Mon, Sep 12
NE @ MIA  | New England - Golden Boy returns with a new toy. Reggie and the Dolphins won't be a cake walk, though.
OAK @ DEN | Denver - Maybe being around Tebow has given Kyle Orton some idea of what being a true leader looks like.

ESPN - The Experts Week 1 Picks

Thanks for reading!

**Denotes Game of the Week #GOTW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...