expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, February 26, 2012

2011-12 All-Star Sunday: Foreshadowing the Future

D-Wade, Derrick Rose, and Dwight Howard are on the same team. Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul and Kevin Durant are on the same team. That kind of talent on the same floor at the same time is guaranteed entertainment.

It's worth noting that some teams have multiple All-Stars. In most cases, the teams that do are serious contenders for the title this year. Chicago, Miami, Oklahoma City, Boston and both Los Angeles teams all have at least two All-Stars. Boston and L.A. are contenders simply because of their histories, but I don't give them much chance against the youth and athleticism they'll be facing come playoff time.

Good news for tonight is that they'll have a host of surrounding talent on both sides.

In all honesty, I think the starters on the West are a better fit based on play style, experience and balance, but the All-Star game isn't about all that for the most part--it's about flash, athleticism and playing as little defense as possible until the last 5 minutes of the game.

That said, I'm going with my the Eastern Conference All-Stars. Coincidentally, I think this years NBA Champions are coming out of the East as well.

Then there's the MVP...In sync with who I think will be the league MVP, I'm going with Lebron James--when it comes to stuffing the stat sheet, there's nobody better. (I do think my man D-Wade will take hold of the closing duties, though).


Thanks for reading.

The Sporacle on FacebookThe Sporacle on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...