expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, January 7, 2012

2011-12 Picks - NFL - Wild Card Weekend Picks

The NFL playoffs have arrived. We survived a lockout, went an entire season without Brett Favre and witnessed Tebowmania. And now this...

Saturday, January 7 
Cincinnati @ Houston | 3:30 pm CT 
I can't say I lost any sleep over this game, especially considering it would normally be the toss up of the week. I want to pick Houston, but Yates worries me; but he has his security blanket back in Andre Johnson. I want to pick the Bengals, but, it's the Bengals. However, they're a bit of a different team with the Dalton-Green combo. The deciding factor for me in this game is going to be Arian Foster and Ben Tate at running back. I think they control enough clock and keep Yates out of enough bad situations to get the win. Not to mention this being the first playoff game in Texans history.

My Pick: Houston Texans

Detroit @ New Orleans | 7:00 pm CT 
Ndamukong Suh is a beast. There's no denying that. However, although Matt Stafford is a pro-bowl caliber QB, and Megatron will likely tear up the Saints secondary, it's tough for me to bet against Breesus.

My Pick: New Orleans Saints

Sunday, January 8 
Atlanta @ New York | 12 pm CT 
The Falcons are one of sleeper teams that I felt could win it all the way they played down the stretch. Julio Jones and Matty Ice have developed a nice rapport. The Falcons have reestablished their commitment to the run with Michael Turner, which bodes well for them. However, I picked against Eli Manning last week and I learned my lesson. There aren't too many people I'll pick against Eli in a big game. Combine that with with the fact that Atlanta is a very different team when they're not in a dome.

My Pick: New York Giants


Pittsburgh @ Denver | 3:30 pm CT
I so want to pick Tim Tebow and my Broncos for wildcard weekend, but to put it simply, the Steelers are just a better team. That's really what it's all about. However, when it comes to the unexpected, I can honestly say I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off the most improbable upset of the post-season. I might be obligated to pick the Broncos to win the whole damn thing if he's able to pull this one off. (Update: Unless they play the Patriots of course)

My Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers

Thanks for reading!

The Sporacle on FacebookThe Sporacle on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...