expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, October 16, 2011

2011-12 Picks - NFL - Week 6

At the end of the day we measure success in the NFL by wins and losses. Cam Newton has been nothing short of phenomenal for a rookie QB. He's got 1 win. Tony Romo has had his heroic moments with the Cowboys this year, but is sitting at 2-2 in third place in the NFC East. Philadelphia's roster looks like a winning ticket, but they're firmly at the bottom of their division with 1 "W". Push has come to shove. It's time to just win.

Game of the Week - Sunday, October 16
DAL @ NE

This is tough. In all honesty, I'm strongly leaning towards the Cowboys. I think they're tremendously underrated and Romo is way better than most give him credit for. I discussed this weekend with my bro the importance of QB's that just "make things happen". The Roethlisberger's, Cutler's, Romo's and dare I say it Rex Grossman's of the league. Now grant it, what they make happen might not always be in your teams best interests, but dammit, it'll be worth watching.

With that said, I'm taking Tom "The Golden Boy" Brady and New England in a close one.

Thanks for your Game of the Week votes this week for all who participated.

Sun, Oct 16
CAR @ ATL | Carolina - The Falcons feel fragile right now, time for Cam to get another "W".
SF @ DET | San Francisco - Since when does picking against the Lions seem crazy? Since when did picking the 49ers against a top team seem like a good idea?
IND @ CIN | Indy - I told my guy Landas just last week, never again will I trust Curtis Painter...And here I am, trusting Curtis Painter.
PHI @ WAS | Washington - Who's gonna be in the dog house after this week loss? (Pun intended)
STL @ GB | Green Bay - Yahoo Pick 'em had a funny stat this week. 0% of people picked the Rams against the Packers...(Last time I checked)
JAC @ PIT | Pittsburgh - Black and Yellow boys are back on track.
BUF @ NYG | New York - I changed my mind on this pick last minute after reading a Grantland article about Eli Manning. I like him a little more now.
CLE @ OAK | Oakland - da Raaaaaidas.
HOU @ BAL | Baltimore - No Andre. No Mario. No "W". Things falling apart for the Texans again.
NO @ TB | New Orleans - Breesus and co. have been hot since their Week 1 loss v. Green Bay
MIN @ CHI | Chicago - Just handle the business...and if Brandon Marshall is available, go get him. (P.s. #PayForte)

Mon, Oct 17
MIA @ NYJ | New York - 3 losses in a row should be more than enough to wake up the Jets.

Byes: Cardinals, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks, Titans

Thanks for reading guys. Be sure to subscribe for e-mail updates, at the top, right of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...