expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 28, 2012

Quest for the Best: 2011-12 NBA Playoff Predictions – Conference Finals

As Skip Bayless said last night on Twitter prior to the Spurs, OKC game--"The NBA playoffs are about to start". I honestly thought the Lakers and Bulls (caveat), would've put up more of a fight, but nevertheless, here we are. Some familiar faces, and some fresh faces. Some teams have hall of fame coaches. Each team has multiple champions. Every team has future hall of fame players. So I guess it's only right that these four teams meet in the middle.



West
Oklahoma City Thunder v. San Antonio Spurs

I can't lie--I couldn't pick the winner of this series until the closing seconds of the 1st quarter when Ginobili drained a fall-away three-pointer with the buzzer going off. I always pegged the series to be at least 6 or 7 games, but every time I said out loud "Spurs in 7" or "Thunder in 7", I felt uncertain. It's an uncertain pick all the way around, but when I saw that shot go down it reminded me of a key in this series. Whomever performs the best overall and at the right moments between Ginobili and Harden will earn a trip to the NBA Finals. At that moment, I was reminded that Harden is still 22, and Ginobili is still one of the best players this league has to offer. Oh, not to mention Greg Popovich.

San Antonio Spurs in 7

East
Boston Celtics v. Miami Heat

The Boston Celtics are on their last hoo-rah! This is it for "The Big 3 + Rondo". (Just sounds better than the big 4. If everyone's big, no body's big). Rondo has gained a ton of my respect, despite lack of ability shoot with Ray Allen on his team in practice for the last ~5 years. His bravado alone has been impressive.

But then there's the issue of Wade--playing his role of Batman admirably as expected. Will he keep it up? I think so. But how much does Boston want retribution on their last journey as one? Certainly more than they're willing to speak about.

Bosh or no Bosh--I actually think Lebron wants a ring more than anybody. The monkey on his back is a full-grown gorilla at this point. Maybe Wade and company can help him pry it off.

Miami Heat in 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...